The Summit 2018
Denver - Nampa - Portland
The Summit is an all-new biennial youth worker event held in 3 different cities on the Northwest NYI (Nazarene Youth International) Field. This event is for all youth workers and pastors who are interested in leading teenagers and young adults towards a life-giving, lifelong encounter with God. The Summit is a conference that allows youth workers to come together to be equipped, encouraged, and engaged.
Tower Community Fellowship: 1800 S Tower Rd, Aurora, Colorado, 80013.
Registration Deadline September 14
Northwest Nazarene University: 623 S University Blvd, Nampa, ID 83686.
Registration Deadline October 12
Portland First: 6100 SW Raab Rd, Portland, OR 97221.
Registration Deadline November 2
If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
- African Proverb
About The Summit:
- 2-day youth worker conference
- Featured Presenter: Keegan Lenker a veteran youth worker, lead pastor at Gig Harbor Naz in Washington State, and a Fuller Youth Institute speaker
- Growing Young Workshop, on day one, will provide a strategy any church can use to involve and retain young people. All churches grow old, but strategic churches are growing young. Growing Young shows ministry leaders how to position their churches to reach younger generations in a way that breathes life into the whole church
- Day two will have 2 additional General Sessions that will strengthen and inspire youth workers for diverse contexts of ministry
- A time of connection and fun with other youth workers with the goal to refresh and encourage
- Access to workshops on relevant topics designed to provide tools and equip, presented by professional youth workers and NNU Department of Religion professors
- Impactful worship
- A getaway to allow a time and a space for your church’s youth ministry team to be equipped, to dream and plan together, and to build community and relationship
- Lunch on Saturday is included in the registration fee
Have questions? Please contact Northwest Field NYI at email@example.com or visit our website at northwestnyi.com
The Summit Schedule
12-2:30 PM Register/Check in
3-5:00 PM Workshop: Growing Young
Dinner (on your own)
7-9:00 PM 1st General Session: Growing Young
Downloadable Promo Information
A Poster and 1/2 page flier are coming soon, so please check back.
8-9:30 AM 2nd General Session
9:45-10:45 AM Workshop 1
11-12:00 PM Workshop 2
12:15-1:00 PM Lunch (provided)
1-3:00 PM 3rd General Session
- Click This Link To Register: The Summit Registration
- After you have completed your registration, follow the Hotel Information Link below, for the location you are attending, and book accomodations for you and your group. Please note that rates and details for each location may vary.
Hotel Information Denver Area Location:
- Comfort Inn in Aurora (14071 East Iliff Avenue, Aurora, CO, 80014, 303-755-8000)
- Room Rate: $119 (up to 4 guests per a room/2 queen beds)
- The Code Is: NW Region
- Link:Denver Area Accommodations-Comfort Inn-The Summit
Hotel Information Nampa, ID Location:
- Best Western Plus (205 3rd Street South, Nampa, ID 83651, 208-936-2222)
- Room Rate: $98 (rooms with 2 Queen beds or King bed & sofa)
- Link: Nampa Accommodations-Best Western Plus-The Summit
- Anyone wanting to make a reservation must use the provided link to get this special room rate. If accommodations are needed the night before, you must call the number above directly to request the same rate.
Hotel Information Portland, OR Location:
- Comfort Inn on Tualatin Valley HWY. ( 503-643-9100)
- $94 a night if reserved by 11/2/18
- Ask for the Northwest Field Summit block.
Attention Alaska District:
The NW NYI Field wants you to be able to join us at The Summit. We are committed to making this a possibility for you and we will be waiving the registration fee in hopes that you are able to afford The Summit by only having to pay for travel and accomodations. Please register your group by sharing the following details with us via email firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Which location and date you will attend
- List the name(s) (how you wish it to appear on a name tag) and home church of those being registered
- Any food allergies/restrictions - please list name and allergy/restriction
- Contact email and phone number